Infrastructure As A Service with Silver Peak
Posted by Marketing on Thu, 05/09/2019 - 12:52
Infrastructure-as-a Service (IaaS) is a form of cloud computing which is used to provide virtualised computer resources over the internet. IaaS is the fastest growing segment of the infrastructure service domain and is forecasted to grow exponentially though to the year 2022.
Implementing IaaS has many benefits for the workplace, some include:
• Scalability: IaaS has the very useful ability to be able to scale up and down in response to an organisation’s requirements. IaaS can provide the most powerful storage, servers and networking technology which is able to accommodate for all the needs of the customer.
• Flexibility: The scalability of IaaS helps enhance the flexibility and agility when responding to changing organisation opportunities and requirements. The increased speed and agility from the flexibility of IaaS is especially useful when building and dismantling test and development environments.
• Disaster support: When disaster strikes, an organisation’s infrastructure needs to go to a recovery plan, IaaS provides solidified disaster recovery infrastructure which saves time, money and helps to ease manageability.
• Quick time to market: Strong flexibility and scalability means IaaS infrastructure can help an organisation’s competitivity by efficiently launching to market quickly.
• Money saving: IaaS frees up vital time from organisations through eliminating the need for technicians to be maintaining hardware, networking equipment or replacing equipment. Additionally, when dealing with sudden (and perhaps only temporary) spikes in business, IaaS infrastructure means organisations don’t need to buy more capacity to facilitate for the increase in business.
• Pay-as-you-go: IaaS uses a pay-as-you-go model where organisations pay for uses as they go, either hourly, weekly or monthly. This payment method can help eliminate the need for high capital expenses to deploy in-house hardware and software.
There are many more reasons as to why organisations are turning to cloud based infrastructure, however, choosing the right vendor for your organisation is essential for ensuring you can benefit from all that IaaS as to offer.
Research by StateTech